Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Television Addict

The Victims


Something Old, Something New is two years old today and to celebrate I am re-posting my first ever track, Television Addict by Perth punk legends The Victims.

Plus, to continue another theme of posting an original track and multiple cover versions, I am including interpretations of this definitive Perth punk track by:-

The M-16's

The Hoodoo Gurus

Teengenerate


I am aware of covers of Television Addict by You Am I and The Hellacopters, so if someone (anyone?) would like to give Something Old, Something New a birthday gift and forward a copy of either (or both!?) versions of this track, I will gladly post it.


The Victims - Television Addict

The M-16's - Television Addict

The Hoodoo Gurus - Television Addict

Teengenerate - Television Addict


Woohoo!! - A birthday gift!

here's a copy of You Am I's version, with much thanks to Jon @ underneathica. Go and check out Jon's groovy taste in music.

You Am I - Television Addict


As an extra special birthday gift to all of my lurkers, here's a very rare 1978 live recording of The Victims playing Television Addict:-

2 Comments:

Blogger jonder said...

Happy birthday! Check yer email.

Wed Feb 07, 03:03:00 am  
Blogger Michael said...

hey Jon

thanks very much for the YAI track, i've been searching for this (or the Idiot Box soundtrack)

cheers!!

Michael

Wed Feb 07, 06:55:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home