Sunday, December 25, 2005

Rolf Harris
(Bands from Perth, Australia)

The Seeds

I hope that everyone celebrated and survived Festivus.

Rolf Harris is an Australian icon, the boy from Basso (Bassendean is one of the older suburbs of Perth, located along the Swan River) grew up about 5 minutes from where my house is in Perth.

Rolf has lived in the UK since 1952 in which time he has forged a very successful career for himself as a musician, entertainer and artist, most recently having painted a rather controversial portrait of the Queen.

But I have memories growing up as a kid in Perth at christmas hearing "Six White Boomers" as well Rolf's version of "Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer".

I am aware of a cover version of "Six White Boomers" by the great Melbourne indie-pop outfit Bidston Moss on the 7" vinyl release 'A Very Steady Christmas', but I have been unable to track down a copy of this, so sadly I won't be posting something old and something new. If anyone has a copy of this track which they are happy to send my way, then I will be more than happy to include that cover version here also.

To celebrate the end of the festive season posts, and christmas day itself, and the start of my new theme, bands from my home town of Perth, I present this West Aussie Christmas Treat.


Rolf Harris - Six White Boomers

2 Comments:

Blogger sleepybomb said...

yep, got the pole in the bucket and ready to air some grievences . . . happy festivus for the rest of us!

Sun Dec 25, 02:10:00 pm  
Blogger Michael said...

hey sleepy

hope your festivus and xmas were fun and that your new year is (much) better than the last year

Tue Dec 27, 12:45:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home