Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Something Old year .... so far

Stray Cats at the Fremantle Arts Centre


It seems to have been a year of attending gigs by bands who have broken up and reformed or no longer exist than seeing much new music.

Last month I caught the newly reunited and original line up of the Stray Cats.

And I was also lucky enough, thanks to the intervention of Mr Graham Lee, to attend the wonderful reunion/celebration gig by The Triffids in their home town.

The Triffids (featuring Rob Snarski) at the Perth International Arts Festival

Added to this is the old bands I caught at the All Tomorrow's Parties festival.

I've also been busy for the last few months working, packing up two houses (in Perth and Brisbane) and following Dr E to Paris where she is working and we will be living for the next 4.5 months. This has meant that blog posts and visitations have been few and far between so far this year.

Does anyone still visit this little corner of the blog-o-sphere? The number of visitors is slowly climbing to 500 000, so they must.

Do you want to hear about my experiences and opinions on gigs I've been to? I've already seen KK Null and Philip Jeck since arriving in Paris.

Or would you like to hear some of the Perth (especially 1980's era) music which I digitised while living back there for the last 8 months?

I plan to do some more blogging now that I am a man of leisure ... feel free to comment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget Primal Scream a week or do before the Stray Cats (well, they are semi old).

And best of all Madness in late March/early April!!

Wed Mar 18, 06:27:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home